Featured Post

Champagne Bubbles, The Truth Behind Them

Organizing Your Own Virtual Wine Tasting

Are you thinking about doing something special for your family, team or clients around the holidays? When it comes to wine you have a bunch of options in a world where we can't all physically come together:

Corporate Gifting. Usually something sales organizations will do for their clients, many wineries offer "Corporate Gifting" packages. They are usually very tastefully packaged gifts of wine, sometimes with bottle etching, or wine glasses.

Virtual Tasting Experiences. Virtual experiences are more personal and a bit less formal than Corporate Gifting. These would normally be team events, but you could also offer a tasting for your clients and friends and family! Think about what kind of "vibe" you'd like. Also think about shipping and logistics a bit: see my FAQ below to understand some constraints you may run into.


virtual tasting with davero


When it comes to virtual experiences you can choose from the following:


Virtual Winery Led Experiences. This would be an event that you offer where your participants would receive 2 or 3 wines from the same winery in advance, then would be led on a virtual hosted tasting by a representative from the winery. This is a nice option if you don't want to work too hard, because the winery can take a lot of the work off your hands, helping pick and ship the wines. Plus they know their stuff. Depending on the type of experience you want, you can use the recommendations I've set forth in the Virtual Experiences section of my site chose a winery that meets your interests. 


Virtual Sommelier Led Experiences. This is another option if you would like to select wines from different wineries and have a truly custom experience. I've not explored this area but once I get my WSET L3 or Sommelier certification, check back to see if I'm offering this service! See FAQ below before exploring this option. 


Virtual No/Low Budget Options. If you have very little budget for your corporate event but want to do a team building event using wine, I've been leading teams from Google through virtual tasting experiences since March. These generally are educational yet have a bit of a happy hour vibe. You can send me a request if this is an option you'd like to pursue. I have a number of offerings I've already put together but can customize. Please submit a request and express your interest here. I will charge a nominal fee for outside of my own organization. Alternatively you could just read my site and get some ideas of how you'd like to organize a wine tasting where you are the host.


If any of these options sound interesting and you want more information, check out the full details and my recommended wineries at www.wineskipping.com - in Virtual Experiences.






Comments